Is this an April Fool's prank?
I'm seriously having a heart attack right now, I didn't think I would ever get a DD. How did this happen? I just spent the last 10 minutes staring at it expecting it to disappear. Thank you all so much, I am really amazed and happy right now, I really appreciate all the lovely faves and comments
I made a few changes to the animation. It's not major, but I think it looks better. Also, I decided to try adding in some color presets in case you want somewhere to start. It only works if you have Photoshop, sorry... I use CS4, so if you have another version it might work slightly different.
* * * * *
This is a free base you can change any way you want as long as you credit me. It's based on this avatar I made a while back [link] I would love to see it when you're done!
To use it, just click download and open the ZIP file. I included two versions of the base; if you have Photoshop you can use the "Cat Icon Base.psd" file, but otherwise you can use the "Cat Icon Base Simple.gif" file which has all the separate frames. I included each frame individually as well (keep and mind that frame 3/5 is both frame 3 and frame 5 because those two frames are the same). You can use Iaza.com to compile the frames, or another animation software if you have it.
I also put in "Cat Icon Base Frame 1.gif", which is probably the easiest to use (t's just one frame, so no animation)
Here's the easiest way:
1. Click "download"
2. Unzip the folder
3. Open the folder and find "Cat Icon Base Frame 1/7.gif"
4. Open the file in whatever drawing program you use
5. Use the paint bucket or pencil tool to color it (if you have transparency, you can delete the white background from the corners)
6. Save it as a GIF file
This won't make it animated, but it's much easier than the other ways (:
For Paint users:
Thanks to ~RainbowAdoptions for the explanation!
1. Download any gif
2. Open 'Iaza.com'
3. Click on the orange and white arrow. Then upload the gif. It will pull you back to the main page, so click on the link titled 'Frame Animation', and it will show all of the frames. Just save each and every one. You can close that tab/window after this is done, but it's okay to leave it open.
4. Save every frame
5. Open paint and color every frame
6. Put all of your colored frames back into 'Iaza.com'
7. Put your speed, right-click and open finished product in new tab, AND SAVE!
For Photoshop users:
1. Download the file and open the ZIP folder. Select the file "Cat Icon Base.psd"
2. Open it in Photoshop and select Window-->Animation
3. A small animation window should show up, make sure it's shown as a frame animation
4. Click frame 1
5. Open the "Right cat" or "Left cat" folders, then open the Color Preset folders. You can toggle the visibility of any of the layers to make whatever patterns you want. You can also edit them, or just make your own pattern on the "Color" layer.
You can also toggle the Stars folder on or off in this frame.
6. Now go to frame 2 - you should see that the left cat's blink cycle has started. You can change the eyelid color in the "Left cat" folder on the "Blink 1" layer (it starts out white). Do the same thing in frames 3 and 4 with the Blink 2 and 3 layers.
Don't change the layer visibility - Blink 1 is only visible in frame 2, Blink 2 is only visible in frame 3, etc.
7. Now go to frames 10, 11, and 12 and change the eyelid color in the "Right cat" folder - these layers are also called Blink 1, 2, and 3.
8. Try pressing the Play button and the blink cycle should work (:
9 Go to File-->Save for Web & Devices-->Save and it should save to your computer as an animated GIF.
Sorry I can't make this easier, I don't have Flash or anything...
If this is too complicated you can always use the "Simple" file or I can do it for you (:
- lol jk nice art.
Can I use this for a YCH?
And you deserved the DD!
This doesn't work as a gif base
1. I tried the Paint method. When I click 'Frame Animation' it only showed the one frame I opened. So that doesn't work.
2. I tried the Photoshop method, and I can't even open it with Photoshop. I can only open it with Picture Viewer. When I tried to open it using photoshop, it wouldn't open.
The only way to use this base is to open each frame in paint, save it as a png, then open it in photoshop and animate it yourself.